Author Topic: Police left lost dog to die!!!!Updated  (Read 7662 times)

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
Re: DOG LEFT TO STARVE BY POLICE!!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 10:13:11 AM »
Another article about the poor collie from K9 magazine

A Border Collie has luckily escaped an horrific death following an administrative blunder by bungling Police.

The dog, called Red, was left without food and water for a whole six days.

When he was eventually remembered, he was said to be near starvation and gasping for breath.

The RSPCA have claimed police in Bury St Edmunds could be prosecuted for animal cruelty.

The dog himself was found as a stray and was handed into the Police by a member of the public.

Bury st Edmunds Police have admitted staff forgot to write down that Red was in the kennels in their log book and he was then forgotten.

Force spokeswoman Lisa Crane said: "Officers were distressed by what happened. It was a human error. We now have a specific member of staff responsible for checking the kennels daily."

The dog is now fit and well and looked after in kennels in nearby Buxhall.

This incident is sadly not the first of its kind.

Lothian and Borders Police had to hold an enquiry to find out who was at fault when a Greyhound in their care DID starve to death due to an admin error.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 10:44:02 AM by K9 »
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG

Offline skyesmum

Re: Police left lost dog to die!!!!Updated
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 02:20:13 PM »
My 4 month old pup ended up in police kennels for a full day when he was recovered in a drugs raid (he had been stolen) i was not allowed to pick him up for 8 hours.
He had spent most of the day in the front office until he messed on the floor, he was then quite literally kicked out into their little wooden box in the yard.

The poor dog is now still suffering due to broken leg/ribs and ripped off dew claws he has suffered great stress as have I and great expense to have his little body wired back together.

Now well on the road to recovery but I am out of pocket and it's no ones fault......
bearing in mind i haven't seen it for months!

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 02:41:39 PM »
Did he suffer these injuries at the hands of the police ,if so could you not make an official complaint or was he recovered with these injuries ? Pleased you got him back though , Chris
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG

Offline Michelle

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2007, 06:33:16 PM »
poor puppy! Im so glad you got him back but my mind is a bit confused over HOW and when he got these injuries. I dont suppose the vet knew how recent they were did they?

Glad hes home and hope hes soon back to full health.

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2008, 06:19:02 PM »
Have moved to Rainbow bridge so that Major is not forgotten ,  :'(

Offline Taome

• Global Moderator
    • mellhawk boxers
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2008, 10:26:00 PM »
so so sad ,,,, the police have alot to anwser for
Melissa - Mellhawkboxers