Author Topic: I adopted Your dog!  (Read 6929 times)

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
I adopted Your dog!
« on: August 16, 2008, 11:59:13 AM »
I adopted your dog today
The one you left at the pound
The one you had for ten years
And no longer wanted around

I adopted your dog today
Do you know heís lost weight
Do you know heís scared and depressed
And has lost all faith

I adopted your dog today
He had fleas and a cold
But donít worry none
Youíve unburdened your load

I adopted your dog today
Were you having a baby or moving away
Did you suddenly develop allergies
Or was there no reason why he couldnít stay

I adopted your dog today
He doesnít play or eat much
Heís very depressed
But he will learn again to trust

I adopted your dog today
And here he will stay
Heís found his forever home
And a warm bed to lay

I adopted your dog today
And I will give him all that he could need
Patience, love, security and understanding
And in time he will forget your selfish deed.
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG

alfiesmummy

Re: I adopted Your dog!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 06:22:45 PM »
I have adopted sooooooooooooo many of these dogs! why do people dump these faithful loving friends and leave "us" to pick up the pieces? why oh why!!!

Offline yvefinn

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 06:04:24 PM »
We adopted a little staffy cross last year, he was left tied up outside the rescue centre after his owners were told there was no room for him, very sad. The rescue centre told us they thought he was left because he had huge health problems, possibly the owners could not afford the vet bills. balboa is a fantastic little dog, he is just a joy to have around. We got him as a playmate for Rocky our white boxer after his mum died & he started suffering from terrible seperation anxiety whenever we left the house. I would definately adopt again in the future & if I had a bigger place I would have another dog in a minute. So anyone thinking of adopting from a rescue centre go for it you wont regret it & I hope you are as lucky as we were.

Offline Taome

• Global Moderator
    • mellhawk boxers
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 09:01:38 PM »
how nice , i just wish there was more people like you to adopt this poor dogs  :)
Melissa - Mellhawkboxers

Offline visionvalue

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 10:30:58 PM »
We must not forget the people that have lost their dog and never found them. Some are stolen and taken miles away and then dumped and as the owners only have seven days to claim them it is a fact that many are rehomed whilst their owners are frantically looking for them. With so many rescue centres it is impossible to get round every one.  We must be thankful that there  are people who will take them in and love them like they were originally.