Author Topic: ROCHDALE RESCUE - Dogs in need of Rescue Spaces about to be PTS  (Read 27200 times)

Layla bud

ROCHDALE RESCUE - Dogs in need of Rescue Spaces about to be PTS
« on: November 01, 2006, 03:54:45 PM »
POSTED BY RED-DEVIL0602
hi guys, I'm Ally the transport co-ordinator for Rochdale Dog Rescue, thanks for posting the details of our dogs on here. It has been a very hard week here at RDR so many dogs and nearly not enough volunteers to do transport.

Abit about us as a rescue

Rochdale Dog Rescue works every week to find responsible rescue places for dogs in a Northern Pound in the UK that are due to be put to sleep if not claimed after 7 days.

The pound that we work with are one of the few pounds that are willing to work closely with us as a rescue. They too work hard to save these dogs being put to sleep by providing Rochdale Dog Rescue with photographs, information about the dogs and constant updates.

Few people realise that many healthy dogs, through no fault of their own, are being destroyed if not claimed within the week.

We regularly post details of the dogs that need to find rescue places. Please let us know of any reputable rescues in your area that might be able to help.

WHEN WE CANNOT FIND RESCUE PLACES

Sometimes, especially during peak holiday times, it is extremely difficult to find a rescue space for a dog before its 7 days are up. Or we may have a rescue space promised, but are unable to organise the transport. In these situations we have to use emergency boarding kennels, while work continues to get the dog to safety.
Emergency kenneling is a true lifesaver for these dogs but the kennels cost 4 per day per dog, and we often have to appeal for help with donations when our funds are running low.

To find out more and how you can help or would like to volunteer then please visit our website in my signature, or to see the transport request please pm me for details

« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 09:40:09 PM by JaspersMom »

Offline red-devil0602

• Transport Co-ordinator for Rochdale Dog Rescue
Re: URGENT Please can you help?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 11:23:25 AM »
even though dogs have rescue spaces we do not have any transport to get them there, this means they are still at risk, if you can help with transport please pm me for details of the runs we need help with
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 09:41:27 PM by JaspersMom »

Offline red-devil0602

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 10:13:52 PM »
please if any of you drive and can spare a couple of hours a week please contact me where ever in the uk you are you might be able to help  ;)

Offline red-devil0602

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 05:00:51 PM »
mainly from around the accrington area down to leicester and south wales

Offline Brunzara

• Rochdale Dog Rescue
Re: ROCHDALE RESCUE - Dogs in need of Rescue Spaces about to be PTS
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 11:09:58 AM »
Hi, my name is Coryn and I run Rochdale Dog Rescue. I would like to thank everybody on this forum who has shown concern for our poundies or who has helped in some way. Please keep up the good work.

I
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 10:36:11 AM by K9 »
Rochdale Dog Rescue

Offline Mark

• k9.ms
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 12:08:21 AM »
Here's a link to the poundies' page:

When you get there you can click the Nochex button to make your donation.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 04:29:51 PM by Layla bud »

Offline PrincessJo5

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 10:14:43 PM »
If u could help please contact Rochdale rescue on either:

Coryn - 07917 542856 (evenings and weekends only)

Bernie - 0789 9821316 (no calls after 9pm please)

Offline Mark

• k9.ms
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 11:16:50 PM »
You can see more information on transport help needed and leave your details on the transport page of their website if you click here:  http://www.rochdale-dog-rescue.com/transport.html

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 11:07:46 AM »
 Sadly these dogs are looking for rescue spaces and funds to help them , they are not rehomed to the public until assessed. Volunteers are also need to help with travel
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG