Author Topic: Reunited after 9 years !!  (Read 1981 times)

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
Reunited after 9 years !!
« on: October 30, 2009, 11:49:05 AM »
A DOG has been found after he went missing nine years ago.

Kenny the Bichon Frise was found wandering alone in Epping Forest and has now been reunited with his owner who had long ago given up hope of ever finding him.

He was reported missing in 2000 when he was just two years old and it was presumed that he had been stolen.

But in a remarkable twist Kenny was found safe and well and returned to his owners after Epping Forest Animal Warden Lyn Cook identified them from his microchip.

Joshua Donnelly collected him from the kennels in Waltham Abbey and said: “I had long since given up hope of ever seeing Kenny again. I was overjoyed to be reunited after such a long time. I am so pleased that he was microchipped or he would have been re-homed and lost forever.”
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
Re: Reunited after 9 years !!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 11:52:17 AM »
ALSO
Dog found after three years

When Staffordshire bull terrier Tiger was stolen by thieves three-and-a-half years ago, his heartbroken owners knew the chances of getting him back were slim.

But their despair turned to joy following a surprise phone call from a Black Country animal rescue centre this week saying he had turned up safe and well and with his original microchip intact. Tiger is owned by the Singh family from Oldbury, who were left devastated after he was taken from their back garden when he was just a 17-month-old pup.

Varinder Singh, aged 27, told today how he was over the moon when he received the telephone call from Rose Dean Animal Rescue Centre in Walsall to tell him the animal had turned up.

“We couldn’t believe it,” he said. “He was taken from the back garden in 2004 and we have been searching for him ever since.

“We had flyers printed which we distributed all over the neighbourhood and we never gave up hope.

“We got him when he was just six weeks’ old and the whole family missed him.

“As far as we know, after he was taken he was re-homed and there was nothing we could do to get him back until he was taken to the kennels on Monday.

“He still recognised us when we went to pick him up and we are delighted to have him back.”

Rose Dean Animal Rescue Centre, based in Radley Road, Rushall, caters for 40 dogs and is staffed by volunteers.

Spokeswoman Ann Lawrence said: “This just stresses how important microchipping is.

“The dog was brought into the centre by the dog warden at about 6pm on Monday night and we scanned it straight away.

“When I called the owner to tell him we had his dog he just burst into tears.

“I heard him shout to the family, ‘Oh my God, they’ve found Tiger’ and I could hear everyone cheering in the background.

“They came down to pick him up from us yesterday.

“It was wonderful. I love a happy ending and this just goes to prove how important it is for owners to microchip their pets and ensure their details

He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG