Author Topic: Yorkie Poppy pops up 5 years later !!  (Read 2139 times)

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
Yorkie Poppy pops up 5 years later !!
« on: November 05, 2009, 01:25:02 AM »
 Glenda, left, and Bella celebrate Poppy's return
WHEN Glenda Fenton's Yorkshire Terrier vanished from her garden, she thought she would never see the little dog again.

But amazingly, owner and pet have been reunited - FIVE YEARS on.

Poppy was just a young dog when she disappeared from Glenda's home in Darwin Drive, Cambridge, in 2004.

Glenda, a 55-year-old student, said: "At the time I thought someone must have taken her, because she never normally ventured very far.

"Of course, I looked high and low for her for several months, but then more or less gave up, although I still somehow hoped I might one day see her again.

"Then a couple of weeks ago, my friend and neighbour Bella Willmett was invited to a house party in the city - and she spotted a dog there who she thought was Poppy."

The terrier had been microchipped at an early age, and a subsequent inspection by the RSPCA established that she was indeed Poppy.

"I went round to the house to see her, and the lady there told me she had had her for a few months.

"She thought Poppy had changed hands quite a few times over the years, and of course, she'd given her a name of her own.

"But when I sat on the sofa opposite to her, and softly said 'Poppy', her ears pricked up and she came over to me straight away, wagging her tail."

Glenda added: "I have had her looked at by the vet, and of course, I'm making a real fuss of her, now I've got her back.

"I'm so grateful to Bella. If she had not gone to the house party, I would never have found Poppy, and I'm just so relieved and happy to get her back again.

"It really does show the value of micro-chipping. As far as I'm concerned, it's a miracle."
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 01:30:24 AM by K9 »
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG

alfiesmummy

Re: Yorkie Poppy pops up 5 years later !!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 01:38:59 PM »
there is hope for us all, welcome home Poppy

this is the same year that my darling Alfie was stolen, come home soon Alfie. X Justine
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 06:07:21 PM by alfiesmummy »

Offline worlass1st

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 07:02:13 PM »
I love these stories, it just shows that they can come home.  Justine one day it will be us.

Gay xx

alfiesmummy

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 07:02:59 PM »
Thanks Gay

Offline Crystal

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 07:25:01 PM »
Glenda, it's certainly not hard to imagine just how overjoyed you must have felt being reunited with little, Poppy again. This is such an uplifting story, especially after 5 years! This will inspire many out there who are unfortunate enough to be victims of this vile, cowardly act,  i.e; stealing other peoples animals.
For you Glenda & Poppy  .... "My little dog -- a heartbeat at my feet." ~ Edith Wharton x  :)