Author Topic: slug pellets can KILL OUR PETS!!!  (Read 4104 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

alfiesmummy

  • Guest
slug pellets can KILL OUR PETS!!!
« on: May 20, 2007, 12:28:59 AM »
Metaldehyde is the Toxic Substance in Slug Bait Of all the products, metaldehyde is the poison that is most commonly used in the UK. It is usually incorporated in blue or green-coloured pellets. Those act as bait for the slugs and snails and are usually very effective in killing them.




Unfortunately metaldehyde is not only toxic to slugs and snails but to all organisms that ingest it, that includes our kids, our pets and our wildlife.

TAKE A LOOK AT THE VIDEO www.vetstoria.co.uk

Our latest podcast
 
Slug Bait poisoning
Because of the wet and moderate climate, slugs and snails do very well in the UK. They damage agricultural and horticultural crops as well as our gardens. For that reason, many products have been developed to control this pest.(...)


LATEST
Slug Bait poisoning
 Pain Killer Poisoning in Dogs and Cats
 Rat Bait Poisoning
 Permethrin Poisoning in Cats
 Chocolate Poisoning in Dog
 Fruit and Veg Poisoning in Dogs
 Lily Poisoning in Cats
 




 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 12:39:56 AM by alfiesmummy »

alfiesmummy

  • Guest
Re: slug pellets can KILL OUR PETS!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 12:43:00 AM »
PLEASE DONT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOUR PET.......TAKE A LOOK AT THE VIDEO. REMEMBER   slugs can move from garden to garden overnight, please ensure that your pet is safe at all times.

Offline sara1975

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 117
  • creator of alfies facebook group
Re: slug pellets can KILL OUR PETS!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 05:08:55 PM »
i always use beer to kill off the slugs as the dogs dont like the smell of it and stay away from it and the slugs die with a smile on there face ;D
mummy to tye zac brandi & suki
RIP ben, scampi, sasha, & annie x

Layla bud

  • Guest
Re: slug pellets can KILL OUR PETS!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 08:26:34 PM »
I have just taken a look at this 1st chance i have had all week. I found it very interesting, not only are there videos on this topic but also Chocolate poisoning but also fruit, veg all the normal foods that you would not consider dangerous to your dog.

PLEASE DO TAKE A LOOK AT www.vestoria.co.uk you will not regret it. In this instance ignorance is not bliss if you love you dog or cat or any other animal.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 09:36:17 PM by Layla bud »

doggroomer

  • Guest
Re: slug pellets can KILL OUR PETS!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 09:07:01 PM »
I agree Karen. My new neighbour (not yet moved in) has been sorting his garden out and turned up the other day with 3 carrier bags of Lupin plants. I mentioned the fact that they are poisonous to cats (just what I need). He didn't know they were. I can't see any planted so hopefully he took them away. I didn't want him to waste his money and I didn't push the issue, but I really don't want my cats to be in danger. I love Lupins but I wouldn't put them in my garden. Chris

Offline julianvet

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 174
Re: slug pellets can KILL OUR PETS!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 11:20:18 PM »
Thank you very much for your support.

I am glad that you like the videos. The next 3 concern eye diseases: glaucoma, cataract and conjunctivitis.

Regards,

julien