Author Topic: Marmite yorkie - male - Orpington kent  (Read 7454 times)

alfiesmummy

Re: Marmite yorkie - male - Orpington kent
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 08:11:55 PM »
what about local press?

Offline Marmites mummy

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 04:18:55 PM »
Hello everyone, Marmites mummy here....
I haven't posted on here before but I am grateful to the lady who posted Marmites information on here. The last few weeks have been very emotional for me and extremely stressful which then resulted with me injuring my back which is the reason why I haven't posted sooner.
We have had a story about marmite printed in the local press but we were not allowed to mention that we are offering a reward for his safe return as they said this encourages crime!...anyway the story generated no leads and we didn't receive a single phone call from the public. This could be because the paper (the news shopper) does not go to all roads and maybe it didn't reach the person/people who know of Marmites whereabouts.

Offline Marmites mummy

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 04:27:46 PM »
I have been trying to contact the person on the national pet register who says they have found a male yorkie but they have failed to respond to my email. I have emailed the national pet register directly and say have said they would contact the person via phone. I believe they didn't get a response so emailed my information over. The person from national pet register, Steve says that he has now suspended their account until  they contact him, but this doesn't really help me.

I have been contacted by a lady via email who says she found my details via a missing dog website. She has found a yorkie but I have yet to find out if this is the person from the national pet register or someone different.I have asked for more information and I have asked her to take the dog to the vets for scanning and for her to send me a picture of the dog. I am still waiting to hear. Fingers crossed xxx

alfiesmummy

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 05:42:57 PM »
email sent for update

Offline ellejay

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 04:09:49 PM »
Hi all..

I have seen a male yorkie on GUMTREE for sale in ORPINGTON today..

they say he ' COULD ' be 2yrs or younger.

I think he looks abit like Marmite, though only owner would know, dog looks quite weathered but they state he is very friendly like Marmite was...  baring in mind Marmite went missing in April 10, and was 7 months old..

Could this be him ???   page 2 under pets for sale on gumtree... tried to ring owner but no answer.

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 05:48:20 PM »
Have emailed owner with the above message
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG

Offline Marmites mummy

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 06:27:02 PM »
Hi Elliejay, Chris...thank you for your emails. I have tried having a look but I cant find anything on page 2. Do you have a link please?

Thanks so much!!
Thank you for caring, it means a lot to me x

alfiesmummy

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 08:19:05 PM »
this is the photo, but says female! have taken off now

sorry, another one here and he does look like http://kent.gumtree.com/kent/19/71592819.html marmite!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:57:07 PM by K9 »

Offline ellejay

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 08:33:07 PM »
Hi ya

yes that's the one. Does he look like your marmite ??

I say this, as with having owned yorkies all my life I know how much they change looks wise as they get older.

Also when our yorkie pup was stolen and I found him for sale on gumtree the pics of him even made my family say it was not him, pics can sometimes be decieving.
Of course it was him in the end, so I was just so glad to ring the ad.

That's why maybe you should try ringing this guy and asking questions about dog.,

but do not mention you have a missing dog, see if they slip up on questions

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 08:39:56 PM »
That link doesnt work ? altered it and ok now  ;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:45:56 PM by K9 »
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 08:58:09 PM »
this one has been clipped round the face , could be! have sent link
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:00:18 PM by K9 »

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 09:17:57 PM »
email from owner

Hi Chris

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately its not Marmite but the listing does seem a bit odd!

Thank you so much for your help. At least I can calm down now I've seen the picture.

alfiesmummy

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 09:31:07 PM »
could it be my Alfie?  Can anybody contact them and find out if this dog is castrated.......   PLEASE

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 09:47:29 PM »
will do

alfiesmummy

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 10:08:09 PM »
Thanks Chris