Author Topic: Foxy fox terrier smooth white/brown Cannock, Staffordshire, WV10 7DN.  (Read 3938 times)

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
Re: Foxy fox terrier smooth white/brown Cannock, Staffordshire, WV10 7DN.
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 08:48:51 PM »
message on facebook re Foxy

Message from owner:- Hi we lost Foxy 3 years ago, he was microchipped. We are still searching and will carry on in the hope that we find him. I am really glad that this petition is is being put together as when we lost Foxy I contacted 36 vets in a 50 mile radius of where we live. Only 4 said they would automatically scan a new dog brought in by an owner. Most said that if they knew the person or the owner was not having the dog microchipped, then they would not scan for fear of "offending the client" . This makes the whole microchipping process a farce and restricts the opportunity to find missing pets. Many dogs could have been sold on and their new owners have no idea that they were lost or stolen in the first instance. Vets and dog rescues / council dog wardens should scan all dogs thoroughly, I have been told of a case where a local dog charity took in a dog from a local council run pound only to find it had a microchip and was subsequently reunited with its distraught owner. I know some chips do fail but to not scan them is wrong. When you lose a loved pet you lose part of yourself and that can never be replaced as you always wonder where they are and how they are be treated. I have travelled many miles to try to find Foxy in the hope that one day I can bring him home. I would ask everyone to support this and get as many people as you can to sign up. I would also be grateful if you could look out for Foxy, as we are still desperate to find him, he is very distinctively marked as you can see. Thank you

To sign the petition for the Compulsory Scanning of microchips, please click here:- http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/50401

He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG