Author Topic: sky collie female tri liskeard Cornwall  (Read 13102 times)

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
sky collie female tri liskeard Cornwall
« on: February 19, 2011, 03:46:21 PM »
Sky

Breed: Border Collie
Colour(s): Black / White / Tan
Collar: Yes
Collar Colour: Green
Collar Material: Fabric

Brown eyebrows and quite grey around her eyes, mainly white belly. "Talks"

Circumstances:
Sky is a farm dog and often wanders to the end of the drive during the day. She may have "talked" to a well meaning person and thought to have been lost.

07794931340 01579342938

Missing on/in 16/2/2011 from the area of liskeard, Cornwall, PL14 3QE. The dog is called by the name sky and is a border collie of female sex. The dog's colouring is black/white/tan and of approximate age - 9.  would now be 11

Details of how it went missing/stolen/found: sky went missing from our smallholding, it's possible she may have wandered down our drive onto the lane and been mistakenly picked up as a stray as she's very friendly. Collar? yes Tagged? Yes Microchipped? No Spayed/neutered? Yes Docked? No Authorities/dog warden informed? yes Reward? [22] If yes, amount offered: 0

Other information: She is quite grey around her eyes now, very friendly and makes a very distinctive whine when she's excited. She's very affectionate with people but not over enamoured with other dogs, dislikes cats. She is loved and missed very much.
The person filing this report is Jan Smith and can be contacted through these details given: keyescottage@btinternet.com 01579342938
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 09:36:02 PM by K9 »
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
Re: sky collie female tri liskeard Cornwall
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 11:36:48 PM »
poster for Sky sent plus advice sheets and links etc

NEW POSTER FOR SKY
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:43:39 AM by K9 »
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 11:46:33 PM »
my son lives in liskeard, he delivers Calor gas around the area ,I have sent you his address if you can get posters to him i am sure he will hand out to customers

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 11:52:33 PM »
Will send via facebook also to all my family there
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:08:49 AM by K9 »

Offline jann

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 09:58:25 AM »
Thanks for links and advice.  Received phone call yesterday saying someone has found her, rushed to the house - only to find it wasn't sky.  Was absolutely devasted.  But won't give up.

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 08:32:24 AM »
email received

That's very kind of him, thank you. 
I've printed so many of my original posters off and a few of yours, my colour printer cartridge has run out - so will replace that tonorrow and drop them off to him, 
Thanks for more links, rang the Bath  and Bristol homes, but no joy and went back to the vets with your posters.  She's in the Cornish Times and on radio Cornwall so fingers crossed .......

Thanks again Chris, means a lot.

Jan

Offline madgundogs

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 10:28:58 PM »
Hi Jan/Chris

Its Tammy from HotLine, sorry to hear you still have not found her. I have put her on the Doglost website for you.

Its a brilliant site looking that emails local members with her details.

One of the other clients is the vets in Launceston, I will register her on there for you as well.

let me know if there is anything else I can do.

See you soon. x

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 12:36:43 PM »
Just called round to your son's house with posters but nobody in, will try again to tomorrow evening if that's ok ?

Possible sighting yesterday lunchtime in callington (after another one last Thursday in similar area) so have been door knocking and harassing people in that area.  The lady said the dog resembled Sky and was dragging a rope, she called her and she looked as if she was going to go over to but then ran off along the main road.  It's possible she's nervous now if somebody did take her and she's managed to get away.

Thanks again Chris.

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 12:37:05 PM »
fingers crossed

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 02:01:19 PM »

Offline jann

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 09:00:37 PM »
Thanks so much  really appreciate everything everyone is doing.  Latest update is a possible sighting in Pensilva on 19th Feb then again by pensilva school on Monday 21st, this does fit in with subsequent sightings on Thursday 24th on the road from Pensilva to Golberdon, then Sat 26th on the Callington bypass, dragging a rope running in the direction of the Liskeard roundabout.  The lady called her and she stopped but then ran away, although she's usually friendly she is probably very nervous now and wary of being caught again. We searched the back roads around Callington/Liskeard, harassing everyone and their dogs yesterday and today postered Callington and more of Liskeard, and the villages inbetween, also left a smelly sock where she was last seen....
Is it possible she could find her way back home from that far away ???
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 09:03:48 PM by K9 »

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 09:15:57 PM »
Yes, she could  and you need to record places and dates on a map as she may be travelling in a circle or triangle folowing her own scenting ,youcan also leave food and clothing at the places to keep her in those areas

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 10:04:05 AM »

Offline jann

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 05:46:16 PM »
Another couple of possible sightings - yesterday evening at Newbridge near Callington, reports of a collie resembling Sky darting around with a pheasant in her mouth, we postered this area last week, then this morning a lady thinks she saw her in the fields on Haye Lane Callington.  She was in the fields, she called her but was very nervous and ran off.  I went straight over there (about 15 minutes) but nothing.  Have now scented the area (with urine and a sock) and walked Lyn my other collie up and down the lane in the hope she returns.  It';s a very rural area but have spoken to the people in the two farms either side of where she was seen - so again, fingers crossed. Jan

Offline jann

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 08:40:30 AM »
Going to spend the day in the area where she's been seen, walking the footpaths and leaving clothes/smells to keep her there, please everyone look out for her, she must be so frightened now.  I've plotted the sightings on map and seems she's staying near river, she's heading towards home but there is a river and busy main road to cross .. could she be waiting for me to find her now ?