Author Topic: BUDDY ..his story  (Read 22576 times)

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
BUDDY ..his story
« on: July 18, 2007, 09:37:21 PM »
Buddy was snatched from the hands of death today  as this old fellow was due to be PTS tonight.  Abandoned by his owners who, despite his phone number on his collar deny all knowledge of him!! Sadly The kennels that he was in ,no longer had enough room due to the influx of dogs abandoned during the holiday season. Sadly and regretfully they had to choose 2 dogs to make way for the dogs more likely to be found a home.Buddy was a greying older lab x with a flea allergy, He was overlooked by the visitors who chose another dog, He is a friendly ,laid back chap with a wagging tail and harmless nature, so I asked if I could take him and they were so pleased ... but where do I take him at such short notice , couldnt take him to mine  so.... Justine !!!!!, ....  a phone call and now he is in the care of Justine who will make him better, until a home can be found for him,   THANKYOU for  helping us find him somewhere to stay   now he needs medical care and to realise that no-one will harm him any more,  Can we appeal for help in his medical treatment so that he will be ready for a new and forever home. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 10:51:33 PM by K9 »
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG

Offline paul the vegan dog lover

• Dogs, loving and true friends for life.
Re: BUDDY ..his story
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 10:21:38 PM »
In what ways can we help K9? I have some items I could auction if that would help.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 10:23:21 PM by paul the vegan dog lover »
Paul Russell

"Take a chance! All life is a chance. The person who goes the furthest is
generally the one who is willing to do and dare."  Dale Carnegie 1888-1955,
Author and Trainer

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 10:53:30 PM »
Thats a good idea thankyou , Chris
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG

Offline sara1975

• creator of alfies facebook group
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 11:04:17 PM »
well done chris and justine ;D
mummy to tye zac brandi & suki
RIP ben, scampi, sasha, & annie x

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 11:08:59 PM »
These photos show the state of neglect that Buddy had when he arrived at the kennels with overgrown toenails and bad  flea allergy , There was a noticable improvement in his skin since I first saw it  but these conditions take time to heal . He deserves a loving and caring forever home, he appears to have suffered and yet hes so forgiving......... an elderly ,greying dog that was no longer wanted!

alfiesmummy

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 12:14:39 AM »
FIRSTLY I WOULD LIKE THANK K9 AND R2, OR OTHERWISE KNOWN AS "DOUBLE TROUBLE" FOR BRINGING THIS DOG TO ME AND FOR PREVENTING "BUDDY, AS MY DAD HAS RENAMED HIM" FROM BEING PUT TO SLEEP TODAY.

Since Buddy arrived at my house I have treated him for severe worms and treated him for a flea infestation. I have also noticed that Buddy has a bad walk which I think is consistant to a strong kick in the back end, this has been left to heal on its own and has left this poor boy with a funny walk, he is unable to lift his back leg. Also because of the neglect with the fleas Buddy has a very bad skin condition.

However he is now here in my home, thanks to "double trouble" and he will be cared for and within just a few weeks will be ready for a new home.

However this will take money as Buddy will need treatment for his skin and will also need to be castrated. I have today treated him for the fleas and wormed him.

WE ARE APPEALING FOR DONATIONS TO FUND THE REST OF HIS TREATMENT. I THINK THAT WE WILL NEED TO RAISE ABOUT £150.00 FOR BUDDY TO GET HIM READY FOR HIS NEW HOME.

PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP US RAISE THIS MONEY....... IT WILL BE MONEY WELL SPENT TO SAVE THE LIFE OF "OUR BUDDY
".  Justine
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 12:17:58 AM by alfiesmummy »

alfiesmummy

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 12:21:38 AM »
I will start off the donation with a home for Buddy, flea treatment and worming, I will also put £5.00 towards his vet treatment....... PLEASE HELP GET BUDDY ONTO THE ROAD OF FINDING A NEW HOME.  Justine

alfiesmummy

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 12:29:53 AM »
Justines dad would like to donate £10.00 for Buddy.

Offline Patricia Archer

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 06:45:27 AM »
Hi Justine and all the gang - I have made a donation of £25 towards Buddy's treatment - am sending it via Karen/Graham.  Your compassion knows no bounds - hope you can find Buddy a permanent new loving home soon

Love to you all from 'tricia in a very hot and sunny Greece

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 07:02:24 AM »
Thankyou  ,Patricia (enjoy the sunshine) Chris

Layla bud

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 09:20:21 AM »
Hi Justine and all the gang - I have made a donation of £25 towards Buddy's treatment - am sending it via Karen/Graham.  Your compassion knows no bounds - hope you can find Buddy a permanent new loving home soon

Love to you all from 'tricia in a very hot and sunny Greece

Thanks Mum for your donation.

I will offer £20 towards his treatment.

Well done Justine, K9 etc for saving this beautiful boys life.

Karen X

Offline Mark

• k9.ms
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 09:42:05 AM »
It's great news that he's been saved from being PTS, well done both of you! I'll see what I can do to help with some of his expenses.

Offline rosie pose

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 12:28:59 PM »
We are donating £50  towards Buddy's treatment  from Rosie pose and Husband  Ted.
If you have enough money please  use it as you will in gratitude    for all your help and support to us for   our Rosie.
Cheque on its way Karen.
Keep the faith Buddy.xxxx

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 12:50:35 PM »
Thankyou, any money that is not needed for Buddy will go to another rescue dog.Chris

Layla bud

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 02:05:57 PM »
Mary (Rosie Pose) & Ted thank you so much it is very kind of you both.
Will be in touch soon. XX