Author Topic: BUDDY ..his story  (Read 22526 times)

Layla bud

Re: BUDDY ..his story
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 09:21:45 PM »
Baldies Butchers have kindly donated £50 toward treatment for Buddy.

Thank you so much

alfiesmummy

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 09:59:42 PM »
BUDDY AND I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL MEMBERS FOR THE KIND DONATIONS. BUDDY IS HAVING HIS FIRST CHECK UP TOMORROW AT 4.10PM WITHOUR VET JULIEN. WE WILL KNOW MORE ABOUT ANY TREATMENT THAT BUDDY WILL NEED AFTER THAT. BUDDY IS BOOKED IN FOR NEXT FRIDAY TO HAVE HIS "BITS REMOVED". Justine

« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 10:52:52 PM by alfiesmummy »

alfiesmummy

BUDDY'S.... Daily Diary
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 11:01:33 PM »
BUDDIES DIARY FROM DAY 1.

Buddy ate a good amount of breakfast and then went out with me and mine for a 2 hour walk, I kept him on the lead for 30 Min's or so then tried him off the lead and he just loved being with the pack and even had a dip in the sea,towards the end of the walk he was showing signs of wanting to play with the other dogs. I do think that Buddy has hearing problems at the moment, but he has great eye contact. The hearing problem could be due to ear infection, will know more about this soon.

What I can say so far is that Buddy is a lovely, friendly dog, house trained and is not a barker, he is extremely good with people and dogs and just wants to please all the time.

Once we have got Buddy back on form, he will make a perfect pet and companion.  Justine
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 09:14:00 PM by Layla bud »

Offline secretldyuk

• Site Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 03:01:36 PM »
its nice to see that buddy is settling in so well, he was so good in the car when he travelled to justines. i hope all of his problems are sorted out soon, give him a cuddle from me please .
"A dog can not speak in our language, so i will speak for them."

alfiesmummy

Re: BUDDY'S.... Daily Diary
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 09:20:25 PM »
day 2.

Buddy went to the vets and met up with "our vet  Julien" Buddy has got some problems that will need to be sorted before we will be able to rehome him. I estimated that we would just need to raise the funds to get Buddy castrated, however we will need to raise a bit more as dear Buddy has a tooth absess and a skin condition. Buddy is now on antibiotics for the tooth, this will be removed next Friday when he is being castrated. Julien will be on line soon to explain what needs to be done. Justine
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 09:32:05 PM by alfiesmummy »

alfiesmummy

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 09:36:36 PM »
MORE FUNDS ARE NEEDED TO GET BUDDY IN SHAPE FOR RE HOMING. PLEASE DONATE.......... EVERY PENNY WILL HELP GET BUDDY BETTER AND HELP HIM FIND A FOREVER HOME. THE TEAM

BUDDY IS THE MOST GENTLE, LOVING 9 YEAR OLD DOG THAT YOU COULD EVER WISH FOR, AFTER A FEW WEEKS WITH ME HE WILL LOOK LIKE A PUPPY DOG THAT WILL HAVE A NEW LOOK ON LIFE. THIS DOG DESERVES A CHANCE, HE WILL GIVE YOU BACK SO MUCH LOVE AND AFFECTION.  Justine and the team
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 09:41:00 PM by alfiesmummy »

Layla bud

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2007, 09:21:52 PM »
Day 4
A photo of Buddy
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 10:09:43 PM by alfiesmummy »

Offline tessasmum

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2007, 06:04:47 PM »
Well done Justine for saving another dog from being pts. I will make a donation but it will have to be in a couple of weeks. Hope this is ok. Please give Buddy a hug from me.

Sue
Sue

A dog's love is unconditional

alfiesmummy

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2007, 10:07:38 PM »
BUDDIES DIARY DAY 5.

With the advice that Julien gave me, I rubbed down Buddies tender back with episoothe shampoo, left it for half an hour and then got him in the bath to wash this off and then give him a shampoo session.  Buddies coat has come up all shiny and he looks great. Justine

Offline Michelle

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2007, 07:03:53 PM »
how reassuring Justine, im so pleased to hear Buddy is in your capable hands and that your hard work is paying off.
All the best with this gent. xx

Offline paul the vegan dog lover

• Dogs, loving and true friends for life.
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2007, 09:36:58 PM »
My brother and I are sending £20 for buddy, plus I will shortly be auctioning some things off and any proceeds will be donated to buddy. Is an auction page going to be set up on Alfies? If so, I'll put them on here, I'll post a link to the items as soon as I have set it up if thats ok.
Paul Russell

"Take a chance! All life is a chance. The person who goes the furthest is
generally the one who is willing to do and dare."  Dale Carnegie 1888-1955,
Author and Trainer

alfiesmummy

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2007, 10:13:30 PM »
Thanks Paul, you are so good. We really appriciate all your help. Justine

alfiesmummy

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2007, 10:38:19 PM »
MESSAGE FROM JULIEN, OUR VET......
Dear All,

I met Buddy last Friday. He is the most loveable dog and I hope he will find a nice and caring home.

Before that can happen, he needs some treatment:

1. Tooth root abscess: the left upper molar below the eye is rotten and needs removing. It creates an abscess which appears as a soft lump below the lef eye. This needs flushing as well.
2. The overall dental condition is poor. Teeth need cleaning and some may need to be removed.
3. He suffers from Flea allergy dermatitis. This makes his skin dry and itchy, especially on the back, in front of his tail. He will benefit from a good flea control (Justine uses Stronghold which is perfect) and bathing with an hydrating and soothing shampoo (Justine uses Epi soothe from irbc which is the best).

He is already on antibiotics. This Friday, he is booked in to be castrated and receive his dental treatment.

Although it is difficult to estimate precisely the cost of vet fees before doing the treatment, I believe that Justine will have to pay around £350 before the dog is perfectly back to normal and rehomable. This include the castration, dental with extraction, abscess flush, treatment for the skin condition (flea product, anbtibiotics and shampoo)

I also would like to mention that this is not very expensive for such an extensive treatment: My boss is already waving off some fees and allowed a 10% discount on the overall bill.

I know that Justine is trying to get financial support to help that nice dog: I can tell you that this is money well spend. Without her, Buddy would be dead by now. With her and the treatment, he will soon be a healthy and happy dog making the joy of some.

Best regards,

Julien

« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 10:40:15 PM by alfiesmummy »

alfiesmummy

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2007, 10:52:06 PM »
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL MEMBERS THAT HAVE SO FAR DONATED MONEY TO HELP BUDDY. WE HAVE SO FAR RAISED £180.00, WE NEED TO RAISE A BIT MORE AS BUDDY WILL NEED MORE TREATMENT THAN WE ORIGINALLY ANTICIPATED. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK JULIEN (OUR VET) AND LADY DANE VETS FOR THE DISCOUNT THAT THEY HAVE KINDLY ALLOWED US.

PLEASE HELP US RAISE THE NEXT £170.00 SO THAT "OUR BUDDY" WILL BE FIT AND HEALTHY AND READY FOR A NEW HOME.

alfiesmummy

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2007, 10:19:55 PM »
BUDDY DAY 8

Buddy has just had a second bath using epi sooth, his skin is healing and his hair is growing back, Buddy looks great in just 8 days. Buddy is having his op on Friday along with a tooth abscess removed and a  general tooth clean. WE STILL NEED TO RAISE MORE FUNDS TO PAY FOR THIS, PLEASE HELP US IN ANYWAY THAT YOU CAN, EVERY PENNY WILL HELP. THE TEAM