Author Topic: BUDDY ..his story  (Read 22569 times)

Offline paul the vegan dog lover

• Dogs, loving and true friends for life.
Re: BUDDY'S.... Daily Diary
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2007, 01:30:43 AM »
It has to be said, he's looking great. Keep up the brilliant work.
Paul Russell

"Take a chance! All life is a chance. The person who goes the furthest is
generally the one who is willing to do and dare."  Dale Carnegie 1888-1955,
Author and Trainer

Layla bud

Re: BUDDY ..his story
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2007, 08:31:49 AM »
My brother and I are sending £20 for buddy, plus I will shortly be auctioning some things off and any proceeds will be donated to buddy. Is an auction page going to be set up on Alfies? If so, I'll put them on here, I'll post a link to the items as soon as I have set it up if thats ok.

Thanks Paul, money received.

Layla bud

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2007, 08:32:28 AM »
We are donating £50  towards Buddy's treatment  from Rosie pose and Husband  Ted.
If you have enough money please  use it as you will in gratitude    for all your help and support to us for   our Rosie.
Cheque on its way Karen.
Keep the faith Buddy.xxxx

Thanks Rosie Pose & Ted money received

alfiesmummy

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2007, 09:31:11 PM »
received the £50.00 donation from BALDIES BUTCHERS today plus 2 roasted chickens. Thank you BALDIES. Phill and Debbie, your donation is very much appriciated. Justine
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 09:47:36 PM by alfiesmummy »

alfiesmummy

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2007, 10:27:28 PM »
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK MEMBERS THAT HAVE KINDLY DONATED MONEY FOR BUDDIES OPERATION,WE STILL NEED TO RAISE MORE FUNDS FOR BUDDY, HE IS HAVING HIS OP TOMORROW. WE WOULD LIKE TO ASK ALL MEMBERS TO PLEASE SEND A DONATION OF £2.80, THE PRICE OF A PINT!

PLEASE SEND A CHEQUE PAYABLE TO: LADY DANE VETERINARY PRACTICE, CARE OF JUSTINE MARLOWE, 1 BEAUMONT TERRACE, OFF STATION ROAD, FAVERSHAM. KENT. ME13 8ED. PLEASE SEND YOUR ADDRESS OR EMAIL AND WE WILL THEN BE ABLE TO THANK YOU PERSONALLY FOR YOUR GENEROSITY. THANK YOU FOR READING THIS EMAIL. alfieslostterriers.com

Offline Mark

• k9.ms
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2007, 08:08:22 AM »
I'll be able to donate some money to Buddy but I'm not sure how much yet. I'm sure he'll be happy to receive any donations, large or small, that can help with his treatment so that he can be rehomed somewhere nice.

Offline tilly

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2007, 02:54:13 PM »
Hello everybody.
It was so sad hearing of poor Buddys ordeal ,but so gratifying to see once again the wonderful responce from people on Alfies website,
We will never forget the great help and heart felt messages we received when you very kindly printed our plea in regards  our poor little Tilly (tortoise) going missing in Anglesey last September. (she is still missing but who knows maybe one day we will find her ).
We have sent a donation of £10 (wish it could have been more )to
LADY DANE VETERINARY PRACTICE.
Keep up the good work you are doing I am sure it is much appreciated.
                                        Regards
                                      Bob and Win Christie.

THANKS BOB AND CHRISTIE, THIS WILL HELP OUR BUDDY. JUSTINE
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 12:04:31 AM by alfiesmummy »

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2007, 03:48:55 PM »
Thankyou for your donation, waiting  to hear how Buddy got on today , the day of his op!! Chris
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG

alfiesmummy

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2007, 10:33:00 PM »
I am pleased to say that "our Buddy" has had his rotten tooth removed, his teeth cleaned, his "bits" removed and has also had his first annual booster, as we don't know his history we decided to start his boosters from fresh, he gets his second jab in 2 weeks. Buddy came to me wagging his tail and gave me a huge lick, them promptly fell flat on all fours, still druggie from his op bless him. I brought him home, he slept a bit and then ate a large dish of warm roast chicken.

I am pleased to say, this made me weep, that "our Buddy" has his very own vaccination card now.I am so proud of this and what we have all achieved in saving Buddies life. I would like to send my thanks and gratitude to K9 and secret lady for saving Buddies life. I would also like to thank Julien for taking such good care of Buddy and a special thanks to LADY DANE VETS, for the huge discount that they have given us.

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY A VERY HUGE "THANK YOU" TO OUR MEMBERS FOR THE CONTRIBUTIONS THAT YOU HAVE ALL MADE, TO MAKE THIS POSSIBLE AND TO HELP SAVE BUDDIES LIFE.
"TOGETHER WE CAN HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE"

Justine and The Team
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 12:05:51 AM by alfiesmummy »

alfiesmummy

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2007, 10:47:20 PM »
IT IS OFFICIAL....... BUDDY NOW HAS HIS VERY OWN VACCINATION CARD...... I AM SO HAPPY FOR HIM.  Justine
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 02:23:39 PM by K9 »

alfiesmummy

Re: BUDDY'S.... Daily Diary
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2007, 11:16:17 PM »
Thanks Paul, we intend to do EVERYTHING THAT WE CAN FOR THIS SWEETIE. Justine

alfiesmummy

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2007, 12:08:30 AM »
Julien will be on line to fill you in with more information. Justine

alfiesmummy

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2007, 12:16:50 AM »
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE STILL NEED MORE FUNDS TO PAY FOR BUDDIES TREATMENT, WE WILL ALSO BE LOOKING FOR A FOREVER HOME FOR BUDDY SOON. IF YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN GIVE BUDDY ALL THE LOVE THAT HE DESERVES, A MEAL A DAY, AND 2 WALKS A DAY..... IN RETURN YOU WILL GET THE BEST COMPANION, A DOG THAT WILL LOVE YOU WITH ALL OF HIS HEART,  A DOG THAT YOU WILL BE PROUD TO CALL "MY BUDDY", THEN PLEASE CONTACT US. (details on the contact us page). Justine and The Team.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 12:20:15 AM by alfiesmummy »

Offline julianvet

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2007, 10:55:36 AM »
Dear All,

Justine brought Buddy to the surgery yesterday. His hair coat is alread a lot better: becoming silky and growing back where it was thin.

He received a general anaesthetic under which I castrated him and performed a dental. The left upper molar had to be removed before the abscess that develloped above it could be flushed. The other teeth were viable: they just needed a descale and polish.

Justine also requested that Buddy was vaccinated and he receive his first inoculation. A second vaccination will be necessary in 2 to 4 weeks time. I have to mention that this increased the total cost of the procedure.

Buddy is a delightful chap and I hope he will find a good home soon although he looks perfectly happy with Justine.

Thanks a lot for the donations

Julien

Thanks for this information Julien, yes I love Buddy to bits, but I already have 7 dogs, it will be better for Buddy to have a new home with people that can give him more attention. Justine
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 12:04:12 AM by alfiesmummy »

Layla bud

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2007, 11:24:10 AM »
I am so glad that Buddy came through the op ok, give him a big kiss and cuddle from me.

justine i am sending in the post over the weekend a cheque from donations sent to me payable to the vets direct to you.

Wishing you well Buddy. X