Author Topic: Creagan - West Highland White Terrier Mid Clythe Scotland 2005  (Read 8163 times)

Offline Crystal

Taken in mid-August 2005 from his home in the far north of Scotland. Creagan is a male Westie, neutered, who will now be five and a half years old.

He has a web site, from which a poster can be printed off (contact details are given on this link):

http://www.midclyth.supanet.com/creagan.htm

He is a very friendly doggie, who paws rapidly in the air (whilst standing on his two hind legs) when excited.
Neutered male, now 7-years-old (3-years-old when he was dog-napped).
Paws very rapidly in the air when happy or excited (for example, meeting someone or going for a walk).
Extremely friendly and sociable, but occasionally growls when either picked up or handled.
Hair parts naturally in the middle of his back.
Tail is slightly banana shaped.
Small and neat pinky-grey ears.
Front legs slightly bowed.
Small- to medium-sized Westie.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:15:55 AM by K9 »

Offline Taome

• Global Moderator
    • mellhawk boxers
Re: Creagan - West Highland White Terrier Mid Clythe Scotland
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 08:17:10 PM »
Contact (email) yve_sweetpea@yahoo.co.uk or (phone) 01593 721272
Melissa - Mellhawkboxers

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG

Offline secretldyuk

• Site Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 10:50:39 AM »
this was also on the email, and i think it is so right.

We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of
animals. Remote from universal nature, and living by complicated
artifice, man in civilization surveys the creatures through the glass
of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole
image in distortion. We patronize them for their incompleteness, for
their tragic fate of having taken form so far below ourselves. And
therein we err, and greatly err. For the animal shall not be
measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours they move
finished and complete gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost
or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not
brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with
ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor
and travail of the earth". -
[The Outermost House] - Henry Beston
"A dog can not speak in our language, so i will speak for them."

Offline secretldyuk

• Site Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 11:06:17 AM »
Another email from owner

Hi Mandy,

Thank you so much for creating such an excellent page for Creagan. This quote by Martin Luther King Jnr. is very uplifting. "I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. That is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant."

It's cold and we have snow here in Caithness again, but the moon and the stars are out and it's very atmospheric, so my husband and I are going to take Rolo, our Collie and Creagan's brood, with Lily their Mum for a walk up to the Hill o' Many. Sometimes I think Rolo views the Westies as his own mini flock of sheep! There is a site behind our house called, the Hill o' Many Stanes. In the summer lots of European and foreign visitors come to see it. One day I was there with 'Creagan' and two Japanese tourists asked to take his photo because they though he was so cute standing like a lemur on his hind legs. When I got back home I was able to view the photos of 'Creagan' on the computer. It was kind of them to forward the photos on to me.I still have them if you would like to see them sometime.
I have included a link regarding a beautiful, English Setter called, Beau who was also stolen. It is a very interesting site and Susan Beau's owner compiled the site herself. Susan lives in Australia and she very kindly put details of Creagan on her site. It doesn't matter to me that it's the other side of the world. Near of far what is important is that victims of the heinous crime 'animal theft,' help and encourage each other. No doubt as a genuine animal lover will agree. Stealing Any Animal Is An Unforgiveable Crime!

Love,

Yvonne Jones. x (Mrs.)

P.S. Here is a photo of the Hill o' Many Stanes our house is overlooking the sea, slightly to the left of centre.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/24/HillOManyStanes.jpg/250px-HillOManyStanes.jpg

http://www.findingbeau.com/missing_pets.htm

« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 06:37:25 PM by K9 »

Offline secretldyuk

• Site Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 06:59:41 PM »
Another email from owner

Mandy I have included 3 attachments for you. Two as you can see is of Creagan and myself with a Japanese tourist on the Hill o' Many, it was cold, windy and damp that particular day. The other tourist was taking the photo. Creagan is in the foreground, side on with Lily. It really could be any doggie in that shot, but the other photo of him pawing in the air is typical of his character, he paws furiously and  fast when he wants to impress or gain attention from new people! His pawing the air usually creates a blurred effect in photos.The third photograph is of him sitting, proudly and relaxed, 'plonk' on top of a parcel that had just arrived from Germany, for our host student. Lily (Mum of his pups) is sitting on the floor beside him. Creagan enjoyed being in the thick of whatever was going on. This always made me smile as I found it quite endearing. This photograph I hope, will prove helpful as it is clear and although he's just under a year old 'Creagan' never really changed that much and remained a medium, slim built Westie.
I have another photograph to send on tomorrow, taken in Toft Gunn forest behind our house, but it has to be scanned in first.
I would like to take you up on your kind offer do design a 'Still Missing Poster.'

Hope is always available to us. When we feel defeated, we need only take a deep breath and say, "Yes," and hope will reappear. -- Monroe Forester

Thank you for all your help in this.

Love,

Yvonne x

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 07:31:15 PM by secretldyuk »

Offline Taome

• Global Moderator
    • mellhawk boxers
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 11:34:35 PM »
mandy can you please resend this poster as its got the new logo on it
thanks
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:52:50 AM by secretldyuk »
Melissa - Mellhawkboxers

Offline secretldyuk

• Site Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 10:53:47 AM »
Thank you Mel i have also changed the age. as owner has pointed out he would be 7.5 years old now. Thank you Justine

Mandy
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:55:40 AM by secretldyuk »

Offline secretldyuk

• Site Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 05:17:56 PM »
another photo of Creagan.

Offline Crystal

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 08:40:53 PM »

DebiMJ
1 week ago

The indifference, callousness and contempt that so many people exhibit toward animals is evil first because it results in great suffering in animals, and second because it results in an incalculably great impoverishment of the human spirit. All education should be directed toward the refinement of the individual's sensibilities in relation not only to one's fellow humans everywhere, but to all things whatsoever. ~Ashley Montague

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 08:43:30 PM by Crystal »

Offline Crystal

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 09:41:46 PM »
Hi all at Alfies,

This is just to say how much I appreciate your site and all the work that you do.
It goes without saying that many others will too.
I see that you have a photo of my poor, little scallywag  :'( 'Creagan'
on 'some of your missing dogs'.
Thank you very much indeed.

Yvonne. x

Offline Crystal

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 04:46:08 PM »
Just picked up a query from 'Down Under'.
It's very uplifting that someone reading Creagan's plight took the time to inquire.

Yvonne. x :)

------- Forwarded message -------
To: midclyth@supanet.com
Cc:
Subject:
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 15:52:48 +0100

Hello

Did your boy Cregan turn up, just read his story on Beaus web site in Australia ( I always hope Susan finds Beau)

I just hope all lost and stolen pets turn up home as their owners put so much into looking for them.

Kind regards

Jacqi

tahanacabeach[1]

Jacqi & Colin DINIS

WAZZAT XOLOITZCUINTLE

Proud to be FIRST Xoloitzcuintle in Australasia

www.xoloaus.com

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 05:49:55 PM »
do you think creagan is alive Chrystal?
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG

Offline Crystal

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 07:02:44 PM »
Hi K9 in answer to your prudent question I have often feared the worst, but my husband still feels that he is alive as some months back he happened upon a dog being taken for walkies in our local town of Wick.
He first spotted the dog in one part of the town and then had to do a bit of back tracking and convoluted detective work to see exactly where he could get a closer look.
The long and the short of this tale is that this particular dog stopped and looked back directly at my husband, as if to convey some form of recognition.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:11:01 AM by K9 »