Author Topic: BETTY, Brindle/white Staffie female , Farnborough , Hampshire Since January 08  (Read 26318 times)

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
Re: BETTY Staffie female , Farnborough , Hampshire Since January
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 04:02:34 PM »
Yep or that one !! Dont get disheartened if it turns out to be a scam , there are some really nasty creeps out there but do push the police onto tracking it  whatever and continue with your postering .  When is her seasons due or been as worth looking on Gumtree for staffie pups , this has brought dogs home as a request for a photo of mum can turn up trumps.,   i know how Jenni suffered at the hands of a scammer as they told her the dog was dying and they needed the money to save her , Have you any areas to go on with this supposed finder /?
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG

Offline danbutchbetty

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 04:09:46 PM »
I'm starting to think myself that it is a scam... I think any genuine decent human being would do their best to reunite the dog with the owner. I have given this person my phone number, (we have not been contacted) and also all contact numbers are on the poster. The emails are not very well written and some of it does not make any sense. Betty has been spayed. I have nothing to go on at all apart from their email address, I spoke to Jenni earlier and said I would ring the police tomorrow if I haven't heard anything by then. There really are some nasty horrible people in this world. We just want Betty home !

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 04:13:16 PM »
Will get spayed put on the poster so if someone has her waiting for her to come into season then maybe they will dump her,
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG

Offline danbutchbetty

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 04:16:29 PM »
Thankyou very much. We are out postering again over the next couple of days as alot have been taken down again.

mikka

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 06:35:28 AM »
Have spoken to bettys owners and have given advice re emails and police as this happened to me with mikka . owners were told a few days after betty went missing some people were seen driving round in a white van reportedly pretending to be dog wardens ....  EMAILS COULD POSSIBLY BE A SCAM WHICH NEED TO BE INVESTIGATED by the police

Offline danbutchbetty

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 08:42:53 AM »
We haven't heard from the police as of yet, so I will phone them in a mo ! Have received more emails, asking if I got the pictures he sent, which ofcourse I didn't as it was our land line number that we gave, but replied with both mobile numbers

Offline danbutchbetty

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 08:51:46 AM »
Very very p****d off, have just spoken to the police and I have just been told that they are not going to follow up the emails regarding Betty etc as they think this person has probably not got her.  >:(

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 09:17:59 AM »
Then its extorsion surely ?  Make a complaint ! Go in and ask for a complaint form as this is a crime .That may get them going Bl*** Y plolice P**s us off too !

Offline danbutchbetty

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 09:34:22 AM »
Sadly this is a scam... we emailed the person from another email address pretending to be interested in puppies he has advertised on the internet ,  he is based in America so there is no way he has our dog !!

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 09:49:05 AM »
Yes It had all the markings of a scam sadly , May these scum rot in hell! But people do fall for it especially if they have no one to turn to for help and so want their precious pets back . Tell him where to go and block him otherwise he will continue to distress you and move forward again in a positive way by  getting posters out and about again but MORE!. calling your dog warden all the time ! and into vets and pubs and clubs/gyms etc , Make sure Battersea are contacted on a regular basis and send them a poster if you havent already done so. She is a distinctive dog and sometimes although a poster may say spayed the persons who have these dogs will wait to see if its true. Make sure you go and vist any travellers sites, if you are respectful and pleasant and ask for help, (mention a reward!) they can be fine ,, Never suggest they may have her but perhaps they may come across her/spot her etc  .  it may be  a little time yet but hopefully she will be home soon , Always check Gumtree !   We found this ad and story went from there :)
http://www.alfieslostdogs.com/bb/index.php/topic,4509.0.html

Offline danbutchbetty

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 10:09:50 AM »
What a lovely ending to the story ! Have sent a poster to Battersea, just going to email more out to whoever we can, have kept in touch with the dog warden etc and are postering everywhere again.

Offline danbutchbetty

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 10:31:03 AM »
Does anyone know of an email address for the RSPCA please, I cant find it on the website

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 10:57:18 AM by K9 »

Offline danbutchbetty

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2008, 06:12:09 AM »
Still no news or no sightings on Betty !   :(

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2008, 08:29:06 AM »
Are you still getting the emails ?