Author Topic: Rosie - Jack Russell Terrier female white tri face CARDIFF CF5----2006  (Read 9593 times)

Layla bud

ROSIE IS A MOSTLY WHITE JACK RUSSELL TERRIER 7 YEAR OLD BITCH.
SHE RAN OFF FROM HER OWNER WHILST BEING WALKED IN TRELAI PARK, ELY CARDIFF ON MONDAY 3rd APRIL 2006.

SHE HAS BROWN EARS AND A SCAR ON HER TUMMY.

SHE IS MICROCHIPPED TAGGED AND NEUTERED.

PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR HER APPREARING IN YOUR AREA.

OWNER CAN BE CONTACTED ON 07806 774023 OR 01795 535660

£CASH REWARD OFFERED FOR ROSIE'S SAFE RETURN.

HER OWNERS ARE DEVASTATED, PLEASE HELP THEM TO FIND HER.

Rosie would be  13 years old now   2013
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:36:20 PM by K9 »

Layla bud

Re: Rosie - Jack Russell Terrier CF5
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 10:11:55 PM »
Rosie you are so cute, we will do all we can to find her come home soon sweetie.

We have received a message today from the owner with her story:

I  have  just  registered  on  to  your  web  site, I  would  like  to  register  our  Jack  Russell  who  we  lost  6 weeks  Monday  just  gone. April 3rd. My  husband  was  walking  her  in  the Trelai  Park  close  to  our  home ,   and  he  stopped  to talk  to  another  dog  walker ,  and  when  he  was  asked  where  Rosie  was, ??  he  turned  around    and  she  was  gone.
All  that  happened  was  completely  out  of  character  for  Rosie,  as  her  and  my  husband  were  like  Siamese  twins  ( joined  at  the  ankle) so  to  speak,  where  you  saw  one  you  saw  the  other.

We  rescued  Rosie  about  2  yrs  last  Jan: she  is  all  white  apart   for  two  dark  brown  ears  and  a  lighter  brown either  side  of  her   head  say  eye  level,  she  is  aged  about  7  yrs , could  be  older  due  to  unknown  history,

Have  put  posters up   all  over,  Vets,  Dog  Pound,  Dog  Wardens  Van,  Supermarkets,  Shops  local  and  other  areas  where  she  might  be/or  taken.
Ad:  went  in  local  press,  have  an  ad:  running  in  Ad: Trader with  a  £500.  reward,  and  to  date  have  had  a  lot  of  false  alarms,  but  nothing  it's  as  if  she  fell  off  the  Planet,  we   also  had  the  fire service  over  the  Park  the  next  day  checking  all  rabbit  holes..drainage  pipes   (  2 )  with  the  latest  equipment  they  had   just  been  allocated  for  terrorism, ( thermal  imaging,  heat  seeking   and  another  piece  of  equipment  for  listening..) they  spent  over  2  hrs  over  there  to  no  avail,  they  said  that  she  wasn't  there,  so  apart  from  being  utterly  devastated ,  we  are  at  a  complete  loss   as  what  to  do  next ???
Sorry  to   go  on  so  much.

Please help find Rosie, poster on site soon to print off and distribute.

Offline rosie pose

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 06:01:50 PM »
  A  lady  knocked  our  door  this tea-time, said  she  is  a  medium..she  also  said  she  is  convinced  Rosie  is  still  alive  and  that  someone  has  her..she  walked  all  over  the  house  and  said  she  could  not  feel  Rosie's  spirit  in  the  house  at  all  which  confirms  to  her  that  she  is  alive..and  we  are  not  to give  up  hope..thats  all  we  have  left  really,   it  did  give  us  a  lift  I  have  to   admit.She  also  said  that  she  has  seen  Rosie's  posters  all  over,  she  took  some  with  her  and  is  going  to  post  where  she  lives  ,  a  different  area of  Cardiff.It  appears  things  are  on the  move  again..

Offline rosie pose

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 01:41:14 PM »
I  don't   know  the  woman, apparently  her  mother  lives  the  other  end  of  the  road  where  we  live, and  we  don't  really  know  her  only  to say  Hello  to,  we  haven't  been here  that  long,  just  a  few  years.
She  is  going  to  do   a  reading  for  a  friend  of  mine  who  has  recently  lost  her  husband, ...while  talking  to  my  friend  last  week ,  she  asked  her if  she  had  a  friend  living in (??  road ) who  has  lost a  dog,  my  friend  said  Yes,  and  she  said  to  my  friend  that  if  poss  she  would  like  me  there  as  well,!!  and  then  last  night  she  knocked  our  door,  :o( she  couldn't  miss  our  house  the  car  is  plastered with  Rosie's  posters,)  and  she  still  said  she  would  like  to  see  me  at  my  friends  house,  apart  from  that  I  don't  know   any more..just  have  to  wait  and  see.

Offline rosie pose

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 03:40:12 PM »
Have  had  2  more  false  sightings  and  when  we  got  there,  wrong  colours,  nice  of  people  to take  the  trouble  tho.
Have  taken  Posters  when I  was  up  in  Builth  Wells  yesterday,  and  there  was  a    stall  in  the  car  park  for  Hereford  and  Worcester  Rescue  Centre,  the  chap  there  kindly  took  a  Poster  of " Rosie "  and  some  of " Alfies  Lost  Terriers"  flyers..was  pleased  to  help  out,  thought  that  was  very  kind  of  him. ;) :)

Offline rosie pose

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 01:07:02 PM »
We  still  have  her  posted  in  the  Vets  in  Cardiff  and  Penarth,  also  Pet  shops,  Rescue  centres  in  Cardiff,  and  the  Dog  Pound ,  been  down there  again  today,  no  luck,  and  posted in the  Vale  Bridgend.(Rescue  Centre)
We  still  have  an  ad:  running  in  Ad: Trader  with  a  photo,  my  cousin  was  going  to  post  in  Monmouth.  Re:  the  gypsy   site  we  have  in  Cardiff.  thats  a  no go  area  even  for  the  police, ( so  I've  heard, ) they  were  camped  not  far  from  here  when  Rosie  went  missing,   but  when  some  boys  went  there  looking  for  Rosie  they  were  warned  off, in  no  uncertain  terms,  but it  still  doesn't  mean  to  say  that  they  had  her... :'( :(  but  I  would  like  to  thank  you  all  for  your  help  and  encouragement.xx Mary.
I  will  be  off  the  site  for  about  a  week, a  friend  lent us her caravan, I  dont  think  we  will be  away  that  long  tho: ( just  in  case ).

Offline rosie pose

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 01:03:56 PM »
Still  have  posters  in  Vets  and  Pet  shops,  still  advertised  in  Ad:  Trader,  with  her  photo,  shops  are  getting  a  bit  fed  up  at  the  moment,
only  keep  them  in  there  a  week, still  having  weird  crank   calls,  have  had  one  call  in  the  last  hr,  due  to  seeing  Ad: has  spotted  a  new  dog  with  someone  wont  say  who  , looks  similar  to  Ad:  Picture,  gave her  more  details  of  Rosie,  said  will  check  at  earliest  they  can  and  get  back  to  me.
Have  had  a  word  with  Psychic  she  said  Rosie  Ok, is  being  looked  after,  is  out  of  the  area,  this  call  came  from  out  of  the  area. !!!! :o :o
So  fingers  crossed.

Offline rosie pose

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 06:00:15 PM »
Re:  phone  call,  it  sounded  quiet  genuine,  and  she  was  very  concerned  about  these  people  with  a  dog  from nowhere  so  to  speak,  I  did  explain  about  Rosie's  prominant  scar  on  her  belly,  and  she did  say  if  no  scar  then  she  would  know  it  wasn't  Rosie  and  she  would  have  no  need  to  ring  back  but  she  did  hope  that it  was  ours,  we  haven't  heard  anything  so  thats  another  Ave  closed, :'( :'(  I  did  try  1471  but  No:  was  withheld,I  do  think  that  she  was  a  genuine  caller,  as  she  kept  checking  things  with her  daughter.

Offline rosie pose

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 10:51:18 AM »
Thanks  Fritz  re:  greeter  Asda's,  been  there   this  morning,  told  the  greeter  been  advised  to  ask  if  we  can  put  poster  up  for  Rosie, "no  problem "  says  she,  told  her  that  I  had  been  told  that  they  were  the  best  Stores  for  doing  things  like  this...I  must  also  say  that  we  had  good  results  with  Tesco's.
 Have  now  put  a  New  poster  up  of  Rosie  with  the  photo  Chris  put  on,  which  shows  her  like  she  really  is.
We  are  back  on  the  Poster  trail. many  thanks xx

Offline rosie pose

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 02:28:04 PM »
Thanks  for  the  new  ideas  Chris, Rosie  was  spayed, hence  the  scar,  the  Vet  the  pound  took  her  to,(couldn't  prove it tho)   our  Vet  said  they  thought  her  bowel  had  been  nicked  and  consequently  she  suffered  peritonitis,  :o >:( had  a  bit  of  a  run in with  them  re: poor  Rosie's  treatment,  >:( to  no  avail, she  had  lost  some of her intestine  thro it  all, as  I  said  she  had  a  bit of  a  bad  start love  her.
A   Gas  fitter  friend  has  offered  to  check  the  local  travellers  sight  we  have  when  he  next  calls  there,  took  a  poster.
We  have  no  local  delivering  Milkmen,  but  when  we  come  back next  week  will  start  to  check  other  Avenues  with  the  new poster.xx  Many  thanks  to all of  you xx take  care  Mary .x

Offline rosie pose

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 04:13:47 PM »
We  will  have  her  new  photo  in  The  Ad:  Trader  starting  next  week  which  covers  a  wide  area,  she  is  also  posted  as  far  as  Swansea R.S.P.C.A.  who  are  prepared  to  keep  it  up  a  bit  longer  for  us. Thanks  for  all  your  kind  thoughts  and  wishes. Lol Mary xx

Layla bud

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 10:48:03 PM »
I spoke to Rosie's mum tonight, still no news on Rosie.

Mary apologises for not being on site recently but she has had some personal issues to deal and feels that she is letting everyone down because she has not been posting.

Mary, when you do come back on and start posting please be assured that all of us at Alfies Lost terriers are looking for your sweet little girl and she is not far from our thoughts.

Come home Rosie, you mummy needs you by her side more than ever at the moment stay safe and well little one.

Karen XX

Offline secretldyuk

• Site Administrator
Re: Rosie - Jack Russell Terrier CARDIFF CF5
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 08:24:27 PM »
email sent to owner. here is the reply:-

Hi Mandy.

Many thanks  for your e-mail,  sorry  not  been  posting  have  a lot of  probs  with the family,  there  has  been  no news  of  Rosie  at  all,  but    have  not  given up on her .
Kind  regards  ,
Mary.(Re: Rosie Pose)
"A dog can not speak in our language, so i will speak for them."

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
Re: Rosie - Jack Russell Terrier female white tri face CARDIFF CF5----2006
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 07:37:39 PM »
email from owner

I understand the conditions you are working under , regarding all the
dogs that are lost, stolen etc and appreciate you needing the extra
space on your web site
 I know that I will never see her again, I just hope that she was OK
and had a happy life.
I would like to wish Alfie's all the best for  the future, and thank
them all their help and ideas , and concern which was shown to me and
my husband with the loss of Rosie.
Best Wishes .
Mary Bartlett.
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG