Author Topic: JENNY, YORKSHIRE TERRIER.Clayton-le-dale,North west Blackburn BB1---2007  (Read 4444 times)

alfiesmummy

JENNY IS A 5 YEAR OLD YORKSHIRE TERRIER MISSING SINCE THE 5th NOVEMBER FROM CLAYTON-LE-DALE INBLACKBURN, NEAR SALESBURY, NEAR BOLTON, LANCASHIRE. BB1
JENNY WAS WEARING A COLLAR WITH A TAG.

OWNER CAN BE CONTACTED ON: 01254 240649
PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR THIS DOG.

ADDED http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6772503394
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 09:54:06 AM by K9 »

Offline Yorkie Girl

• I'M A YORKIEHOLIC
Re: JENNY, MISSING YORKSHIRE TERRIER.Clayton-le-dale,wilts BB1
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 07:05:17 PM »
Here is a bit more about little Jenny from her very anxious Daddy.

Thanks very much Sue.
We'll be grateful for any help you can provide (eg via Alfie's lost
terriers) to support our quest to find Jenny,  since she raced off in fright in the dark when spooked by sudden start of eighbour's loud fireworks at approx 6.30pm Mon 5 Nov  (unfortunately and inadvertently she had been let outside just before this).
She ran presumably to the adjoining lit B6245 Ribchester Road.  We've searched field tracks, ditches etc.
So we believe that she ran along the road  (either R to Wilpshire and possibly on to outskirts of Blackburn;  or  L down to traffic lights at A59(if so, then either across in Ribchester / Longridge direction,  or R on A59 toward (eventually) Langho / Clitheroe, or  L toward M6 junction31 (7 miles) & Preston)).
She hadn't been micro-chipped;  but she had a collar on together with metal disc giving her Name on one side & Tel No on the other (but without area code).
She had been spayed.
We had obtained her as a 10-week old pup from kennels.  She is 5yrs 7 mths old.

I may well try again on your Yorkie site.  Regarding Jenny photo,  I'm now attaching Word doc of our own poster (inclusive of photo, which is farly recent and typical),  of which many have been/ are still being distributed at locations in wider area.
Incidentally, by end of 1st week we had enlisted the support network of doglost.co.uk. (Sorry if this site is not allowed, but feel we are looking for Jenny, please remove name if you wish)   Very recently we have also registered with pethunters.co.uk

Alan S
YORKSHIRE TERRIER
Treasured family pet
MISSING from loving home
 Cant seem to copy picture.                                                                                                           
“Jenny” medication required
Tel. (01254) 240649
  Good Reward

I have full permission to post & cross post by a very anxious owner.
Hope this is ok?

alfiesmummy

Re: JENNY, MISSING YORKSHIRE TERRIER.Clayton-le-dale,wilts BB1
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 11:33:27 PM »
message from the owner of Jenny.

Hello Justine  -  on behalf of my wife Mauren & I,  thanks very much for your 'phone call pm Thu 22/11.

I've started to register on your alfieslostterriers.com -  this e-mail creation format came up.

Jenny was not micro-chipped;  but she did have a collar on (and unlikely to come off unless unfastened by a human), together with a metal disc giving her name on one side & tel no. on the other (but w'out the area code).   She had been spayed.
We had her as a pup from kennels at around 10 weeks old.  She's now 5yrs & approx 7mths old.
She is feisty, people-friendly esp. when close-up, but not too sociable with other dogs (while her 'bark is worse than her bite'). 
She is used to jumping into (family) cars.

Part of search story so far  -  By end of 1st week we had enlisted support network of doglost.co.uk.  Subsequently we also registered with  pethunters.co.uk.

If you need the jpg of scanned photo we provided,  please let us know & I can e-mail it.

As included in update comments I've now included at 'yorkiegirl...'  above   -   ie a flavour of what we've done so far or are currently planning   -   I also signed-up to the Sun Local and opted for receiving alerts by e-mail of info on YT adverts in all (or really only Sun's or some??)  UK classifieds relating to Yorkshire Terrier(s).   I've deleted the ones which clearly only relate to puppies.   
I need to examine others (coming in daily) I've saved   (eg  if/where YT dog (bitch) for sale;  and there are now a few Wanted ads for YT Bitch (incl'g in Yorks & Gtr Manchester)).  For the latter, I need to make those potential buyers aware of Jenny  when I get the chance  -  possibly I'll catch up on that this Fri evening 23/11 and/or over the week-end.

As you'll no doubt appreciate,  with me still having a full-time job  (apart from some recent odd days / half-days from holidays,  for Jenny Search work),  and Maureen with some P/T working and grandchildren-minding etc on occasions  (and dealing as others with life's other elements)  -   there's a shortage of time needed to accomplish in practice all ideas for the Search.   
Help that we've already enlisted  -  and anything you can do as you've indicated to M  -  is / will be appreciated.

Best Regards,    Alan

T   01254 240649
F   01254 240649
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 11:37:06 PM by alfiesmummy »

Offline alansch

Re: JENNY, MISSING YORKSHIRE TERRIER.Clayton-le-dale, north/west Blackburn BB1
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 01:56:15 AM »
Justine,  your help is much appreciated. 

I take it you've seen our e-mail d'd 3 Dec.    As explained,  our scanner's not working  -  and, as you don't have a Fax number,  we could send by surface mail (address?) a copy of Jenny feature (with pic) by courtesy of the weekly Clitheroe Advertiser & Times (Thu 29 Nov issue, on page 3),  if you still need a copy  - unless it's now on the paper's website.

Have read from a 4 Dec post that you've contacted Lancashire Evening Post at Preston with a joint 'editorial'   -   we'll obviously be v.interested to know the outcome of contact (and hopefully LEP issue date).

Subject line for Jenny in Alfie's Lost YTs etc section,  and this thread's heading & sub-heading in Lost/Missing Dogs.../ Yorkies & so on,    need to have "Bolton" replaced by  "north-west Blackburn".   
As you'll already be aware,  our location in BB1 is in fairly close proximity / easy access to east parts of Preston conurbation, eg Deepdale (approx 8-9 miles).   A   + M

Offline alansch

Re: JENNY, YORKSHIRE TERRIER.Clayton-le-dale,north-west of Blackburn BB1
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 12:55:35 AM »
We're very glad to be aware that Sharon has got her Pippin back. 

Chris  -  yes, thanks, the alternative Poster (w'out "Preston area") is fine for non-Preston areas. 
I printed between 250-300 of it Sat night / Sun morning 8/9 Dec.   Recently we had contacted the owners of a newish free monthly paper distributed in localities in & outside north-west of Blackburn (The North Blackburn Independent  -  mainly of adverts plus some community items) for potential article & pc in next issue (ie for Jan issue, assuming Jenny still missing then).  However, they also kindly offered to include a leaflet / poster from us, free of charge,  with Dec issue being distributed imminently.  So, above-mentioned printing output collected by them from our place Sun 9 Dec,  for their distrbn in our priority areas as far as the numbers of our posters allow.
The NBI owers appear agreeable to doing similar with early Jan issue  (ie possibly more of the posters,  to other areas in the papers overall circulation area).

Justine  -   can you copy (e-mail to us)  those e-mails to local press, for our awareness please    (to solely Preston-based LEP  or also Blackburn-based Lancashire Telegraph?).
As you're aware (eg detail in my e-mail 3/12  00:39), we had succeeded in having a feature item (incl'g Jenny colour pic) on page 3 of weekly Clitheroe Advertiser & Times (Thu 29/11 issue).   

alfiesmummy

Re: JENNY, YORKSHIRE TERRIER.Clayton-le-dale,North west Blackburn BB1
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 01:10:40 AM »
Alan, my letter was rejected by lancashire evening news, just got the email today. I will try them again now with a diffarent approach. I will not give up on Jenny and neither will the team. Alan, can you contact Mollys family again and tell them what we are trying to do for Jenny and Molly. Justine

alfiesmummy

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 01:35:27 AM »
Alan, just sent a new letter to Lancashire evening news. Justine

Alan can you please let me know your local t.v news channels asap and I will contact them, see if we can't get some t.v coverage for you. Justine
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 01:41:02 AM by alfiesmummy »

Offline Yorkie Girl

• I'M A YORKIEHOLIC
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 08:12:37 PM »
Cross posted from DP.
I have tried to call Alan but it is on answerphone. I have left a message for him to take a look. Dogs in my opinion DO look very similar.
If this is a false alarm I apologise but every lead is worth following up.
YG

just been on the wirral dog warden site and came across this http://www.wirral.gov.uk/Wirraldogs/Detail.asp?DogsID=3695
Date Found: 27 December 2007
Collar and tag Details: New Pink & silver leather collar
Where Found: Liscard , Urmson Road
Description: Yorkshire Terrier, black & tan, 7 yrs approx, recently clipped,few warts on back.

Offline secretldyuk

• Site Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 01:50:00 PM »
email sent to owner

mandy
"A dog can not speak in our language, so i will speak for them."

Offline K9

• Chris SITE MANAGER
  • Owner
PAGES EDITED 24TH MARCH 09
He is your friend,your partner, your defender,Your Dog! You are his life,his love,his leader! He will be yours,faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion!
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD BUT IT SURE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG